Facebook. Ahhhh. FB. I could write so many postings all related to Facebook, but right now, I'm off to bed. Or trying to get there. Thing is, FB is this big ol' nothing that sucks your time. Half an hour ago, I said, "In ten minutes, I'm going to bed." And here I am. I've got a good excuse though -- I'm working on my 25 random things list. You know, that list on Facebook that everyone and their brother wrote and sent in their "notes" section THREE WEEKS AGO? Well, I am just now jumping on the bandwagon. I didn't think I could come up with 25 things. And right now, I'm too tired to finish the list, but I've gotten to #18, and dangit, I don't want to lose my hard work, and I can't figure out how to just save it on Facebook, so I'm gonna post it here.
1. I attach my socks together with safety pins. I've done this since high school. It keeps them from getting lost from one another in the laundry and then I don't have to sort them when putting them away.
2. I love lists.
3. I'm pretty obsessed with teeth but don't wear my retainer like I should. If I had extra cash lying around, I'd have braces put back on. ... I find it extremely repulsive when people pick their teeth after eating.
4. My least favorite thing about breastfeeding is that I can't have my teeth professionally whitened.
5. I never planned on breastfeeding my baby but after she didn't respond well to formula while in the NICU, I figured it was the least I could do. I'm glad I decided to breastfeed. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made.
6. I have a hard time sitting still to focus on anything. That's been the hardest thing about breastfeeding for me - forcing yourself to sit down and live in that moment. It's a good lesson for me, though.
7. I wish tanning didn't cause skin cancer. Sleeping in a tanning bed is the best nap I've ever had. I cancelled my membership to The Tan Co. a couple months ago since I hadn't tanned in over a year and decided the responsible thing to do would be to ... not tan.
8. I love the mashed potatoes that you get in hospital cafeterias.
9. I tend to overcook things when cooking. My husband says that he is amazed how each time I cook, it's like the first time I've ever done it.
10. I love cupcakes. Love decorating them -- and cakes, too.
11. My passion is writing. That's what I did straight out of college. I wish I could find another job writing.
12. I enjoy a good deal. More than anything, I love buying stuff that is on sale and using coupons. I don't go to the grocery store or Target without saving at least $20 using coupons.
13. I can't sing but wish I could. Because I love karaoke. IF NO ONE ELSE IS PRESENT TO HEAR ME.
14. I'm terrible about keeping my checkbook balanced but not as bad as I used to be.
15. I love reading Web sites about frugal living.
16. As much as I'd like to deny it, I am so my mother's daughter. (See #s 12 and 15.)
17. My favorite books to read as a child were the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary. I also liked Adventures in Babysitting. Sweet Valley High books were good, too!
18. I never liked the New Kids on the Block. I liked Tiffany and Debbie Gibson. I now like Michael Buble, Alan Jackcon, Taylor Swift, Frank Sinatra, Martina McBride, Jeb Lloyd Nichols, Ben Harper and some others.